10 week Digital Health Start-Up Programme
eHealth Embark is operated by dConnect Digital Health Innovation Hub and the
Connected Health and Wellbeing Cluster in collaboration with Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Six one-day, in-person and online, workshops over ten weeks between March 23rd and May 25th, 2023. In-person workshops will be held at AWS offices in Dublin.
- The workshops will focus on developing a deep understanding of your customer need, the market opportunity, developing your technical roadmap and go–to-market plan.
- Two parallel mentoring strands, one focussing on progressing your business proposition and the second on your technology roadmap. Access and support from clinical, regulatory and public procurement expertise will also be provided.
- $2,000 of AWS credits for all participating companies with a Demo Day prize of $100,000 of AWS credits.
- There is no fee or equity taken to participate in the programme.
Who Should Apply
We are looking for early-stage pre-investment start-ups or established companies from across the island of Ireland that intend to address health and wellbeing needs by creating better patient and/or clinician experiences, lowering healthcare costs, delivering better patient outcomes and/or support healthier living.
You are likely to already have an early MVP or be ready to develop one and need support with one or more of the following:
- Developing and validating your business proposition
- Technical guidance on building and scaling in the cloud taking into account regulatory, data privacy and cyber security considerations.
- Access to specialist expertise such as clinical, regulatory, pilots/trials, pathways to market, public procurement and investor readiness.
Talk to us if you would like to discuss how eHealth Embark could help your business to accelerate growth and scale operations.
16 Jan 2023
26th Feb 2023
28th Feb 2023
23rd March 2023
23rd May 2023
The eHealth Embark programme afforded me the time and space, away from the day job, to plan the next steps for the product and its development. Working with the dConnect team supported by Amazon Web Services (AWS), the programme provided the team and me with tools and processes to validate our business proposition and, more importantly for us, provided access to technical, clinical, and regulatory expertise, and a network of like-minded individuals on the same journey. It has been a rewarding 6-week programme, which I highly recommend.Alan HigginsCEO of Ingenium
What can I say... Every week just blew my mind - I got the opportunity to meet some of the most exceptionally talented people from AWS and DkIT, in our lectures, my mentors and the 1-1 sessions. This 6 week programme has catapulted me at least 6 months ahead. Thanks so much to everyone...Gordon Mullins, CEO of MindfulIVF
The E Health Embark programme supported us in bringing our product to life with a clear roadmap ahead. Expert input and presentations combined with in depth 1:1 mentoring made each obstacle feel achievable. I look forward to the year ahead and staying connected to this amazing network as we move forward with product development.Kathryn Leslie, CEO of Teaching Talking
We were very grateful to be part of this program, giving Frendo access to so many industry learnings, a wide network and ongoing mentoring and support.Dearbhail Ormond, CEO of Frendo
The eHealth Embark programme has been very helpful for Raidmed in exploring and understanding the application of AWS cloud into our diabetic daily foot monitoring service to prevent diabetic foot ulcers and avoidable amputations. The customer insights and regulatory mentoring helped us validate our innovation and develop our product and technical roadmap.David Branagh, CEO of Raidmed
eHealth Embark was an excellent opportunity for each of the 9 companies to showcase the progress we have made over the past 6 weeks with the support of dConnect and Amazon Web Services (AWS). It was a great experience with weekly seminars and mentoring sessions and we look forward to continuing to work with dConnect and AWS over the coming months."Lauren Byrne, Project Lead of Isaac
The eHealth EMBARK programme was extremely specific in highlighting issues, real-world examples, and novel approaches for medtech and digital health companies. DkIT, the Connected Health & Wellbeing Cluster, the dConnect Digital Health Innovation Hub, the 'ICT, Health, Ageing' Research and AWS - are an incredible network of excellent mentors who provided us with a lot of helpful materials and advice. Thank you for the chance to learn and develop.Joanna Perkowska, CEO of Neuro Assist Solutions
I highly recommend the eHealth Embark programme to any digital health or digitally-focused MedTech start-ups. The deep technical and commercial support & mentoring offered by the programme team, AWS, and the invited speakers is invaluable for early-stage companies.Stephen Geoghegan, CEO of Cymantic Medical
Six wonderful weeks where dConnect shared so much wisdom with us and helped us move forward purposefully. Thanks to AWS for showing us how cloud computing is an essential ingredient in scaling our business. Well done to the well-deserved inspiring winners. Thanks to the judges for the words of encouragement and insightful feedback.Adrienne Stack, CEO of Digicare
What are the eligibility criteria?
- You have identified a healthcare problem/need and designed a digital solution.
- You have a digital health innovation and have registered a company to commercialise your innovation.
- Your innovation meets a clinical need and improves patient outcomes, clinical practices, workflow challenges or lowers the cost of healthcare.
- You have a working prototype or need help to develop one.
- Your digital health company is registered and located on the island of Ireland.
- eHealth Embark could help your business to accelerate growth and scale operations.
How many participants will be selected?
10 participants will be selected based on the above criteria
What is the application process?
Simply complete the online application form. If you would like to discuss your application prior to submission, reach out to our team and we’ll guide you through the process.